Interviewee: Jim Grisanzio.
In this interview we talk with Jim. In specific, we talk about:
- The process of opening a huge codebase to the public
- The unique place of OpenSolaris in the open source community
- Lessons learned from earlier open source projects at Sun and elsewhere
- Trading lessons learned back and forth with the Linux community
- Regional differences in the role of open source technology in Asia
- The reasoning behind Sun’s products and technologies that compete with each other