In this interview with Shawn Burke of Microsoft we asked him about:
- Shawn’s motivation for helping to make the framework source code available.
- Whether there are any limits on who gets access to the source code.
- Whether there was any internal resistance initially to providing the framework source.
- Why Microsoft doesn’t just provide a zip for the source.
- Whether Microsoft’s individual developers write code differently knowing that their actual source might be available for the world to see someday.
- Whether or not Microsoft is planning on making available other development artifacts such as test scripts, threat models, etc.
- Whether a closed source company or an open source company is better positioned to support external developers who need access to the source for a given project.