In this interview, we chat with Jason van Zyl about the Apache Maven project. Maven is designed for build automation. Unlike well known predecessors such as MAKE, Maven uses a project object model (POM) to describe the software being built.
- Building limitations into Maven that enhance consistency and efficiency
- Encouraging a paradigm shift in place of incremental change with new tools
- Fostering collaboration, even among competing organizations
- Avoiding the temptation of trying to fill every role at a young company
- Bridging the gap between various programming languages with future versions of Maven